“When I read ‘Be your Best’ it captured my interest immediately and having done the course I found the skills and techniques I was learning could be applied to all aspects of my life. The course showed me practical ways of dealing with situations of problem areas of communication and having shared these issues with other members of the course, revealed I was not alone. It’s a course for people who feel there’s room for improvement in communication skills.”- Janice
Be Your Best
Enrich all your relationships. Learn assertive skills, conflict resolution, handle anxiety, and set goals for more fulfillment.Find Courses
Online or Face to Face courses are now available for your choice.
Looking for a personal empowerment course to improve and enrich any and all of your relationships? Then look no further!
Be Your Best (B.Y.B.) teaches you how to become more effective and take responsibility in both your personal and professional life. In addition to the communication skills and conflict resolution methods taught, this course offers training in assertiveness skills, how to handle anxiety, and how to set goals for becoming more fulfilled.
B.Y.B. is unique in that it is focused on participants learning effective communication skills to take more control of their lives and to get their needs met without depriving others of meeting theirs. The course is universally applicable to all relationships and has proven successful world-wide for individuals in families, corporations, schools, hospitals and government agencies.
Behaviour is usually driven by underlying feelings and needs. Often personal empowerment courses focus on trying to change the particpant’s and other’s behaviour and therefore miss the underlying causes. This often results in change that is short-lived.
Instead this proven method teaches participants how to get their needs met and also help others with their underlying feelings and needs. It prevents a lot of misunderstandings and resolves conflicts that produce no-lose (or win win) solutions. This results in warmer, more connected relationships, and family or colleagues who are happier, more co-operative, resilient and self-disciplined.
Personal and workplace relationships are easier, more productive and more enjoyable.
Be Your Best … a Personal Self Improvement Workshop
In this personal empowerment course you will learn how to effectively and confidently:
- Understand the concept of personal power and responsibility
- Identify important personal needs
- Express needs, feelings, and ideas in a clear and direct way
- Acknowledge others’ efforts
- Set and maintain personal boundaries
- Say ‘no’ to unacceptable requests
- Prevent problems and manage conflicts in relationships
- Assertively confront another person when their behaviour interferes with you meeting your own needs
- Reduce fear and anxiety and move toward meeting your personal needs and goals
- Become aware of the ineffective use of Authoritarian ‘power-over’ and Submissive ‘giving up’ our power
- Use the No Lose method of ‘power-with-another’, to resolve conflicts
- Handle values collisions by choosing from a variety of effective strategies
- Recognise when another person needs help and using effective listening skills
- Identify the 12 roadblocks to communication
- Plan for and achieve important personal goals.
Duration: 3 hour sessions offered over a 10 week period.
Classes: As a skills based personal self improvement program, you will practice your learning within your class to gain confidence in using them in your everyday life.
The Effectiveness Training Institute of Australia (ETIA) Ltd is a not-for-profit, community based organisation that is dedicated to making courses in communication and conflict resolution skills available and accessible to all people in Australia.
ETIA’s mission is to provide individuals with effective communication and conflict resolution skills to build connected, harmonious relationships.
Our inspiration and programs come from the late Dr Thomas Gordon who is the author and founder of Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.) program and Gordon Training International (GTI).