“I have learnt a lot and Y.E.T. will help me for the rest of my life. It has already improved my relationship with my parents. I think it was a great experience.”- 16 year old student
A healthy self-esteem for young people sets them up for life’s challenges. By increasing their self-awareness they will increase their resilience, their ability to respond quickly and appropriately and bounce back from the hard times in life.
Youth Effectiveness Training (Y.E.T.) helps teens to develop socially and emotionally by offering both personal development skills as well as relationship skills. The self-awareness, empathy, assertiveness and conflict resolution skills gained from this program will benefit them throughout their lifetime.
Y.E.T. helps teens to meet their personal needs, to be heard and understood, helping them get along better with others including their parents, friends, teachers, siblings and employers. The course inspires and increases self confidence, self-direction and self-responsibility, reducing dependence on parents or other adults.
Y.E.T. is full of creative activities, games and skill-based exercises that are engaging and fun to learn.
Suitable for adolescents between the ages of 13 and 18, Y.E.T. is an 18-hour program delivered in 12 sessions of 90 minutes, ensuring the skills learned within the program are integrated into the young person’s life.
Y.E.T. enables young people to confidently and effectively:
- understand and respect themselves and others better
- learn skills to communicate effectively and assertively about their needs, concerns and problems, and take responsibility without blaming others
- develop skills that they can use in all their relationships and throughout their life
- meet their own needs and goals and overcome fears that block them
- listen with empathy to others and understand their point of view
- make and keep friends
- relate to people who are different from them
- resolve problems and conflicts peacefully with friends and family
- confront bullies effectively, and stand up for others who are being bullied
- experience less stress and tension in their life both at home and at school by using socially acceptable methods of coping with frustration
- increase self-esteem and self-awareness
- develop an action plan for meeting their important goals
- apply skills to current issues such as cyber bullying, screen use, isolation, anxiety and social media pressures.
Enrol yourself and begin to improve your self confidence today. If you are a parent, suggest to your teenager that they might enrol in this Workshop series and they can bring some friends along too!
This course may also be run within school classes upon request. Contact ETIA to enquire about co-ordinating this course for a group today.
The Effectiveness Training Institute of Australia (ETIA) Ltd is a not-for-profit, community based organisation that is dedicated to making courses in communication and conflict resolution skills available and accessible to all people in Australia.
ETIA’s mission is to provide individuals with effective communication and conflict resolution skills to build connected, harmonious relationships.
Our inspiration and programs come from the late Dr Thomas Gordon who is the author and founder of Parent Effectiveness Training (P.E.T.) program and Gordon Training International (GTI).