The interview script can be used in a number of settings and for different purposes, the following are just some of the possible applications:
- You want to make contact with potential participants – in a sales context. Ask them if they would be willing to help you with getting feedback on a program you are offering.
- You are wanting to find out what motivates parents to want to get help and attend training – if you interviewed 10-15 people you would get a good sense of your potential participants needs. We often make assumptions about our potential parents needs.
- Once you have this info, your marketing materials can be tailored so you are speaking directly to your clients pain points.
- If you had a group of parents you were addressing you could get them in pairs and interview each other. Creates connection and would be a great way to then introduce PET to them?
- If you were working 1:1 with parents and wanted to quickly arrive at their underlying issues/problems.
- If someone contacted you and they were interested in learning more about what you do?
- Either use it session 1 or pre-class to help participants focus on their desired outcomes and also a way of finding out their current challenges.
- A Facebook post “What are your greatest challenge you struggle with as a parent?” Etc
The script could be modified for purpose. Let your imagination have fun in finding ways to weave it into you business…
The Interview Script was presented at a recent professional development for ETIA Instructors titled “Getting Participants to Your Course”.